Sunday 29 March 2020

Preparing Quasqueton

It spent a few days of my isolation stocking B1: In Search of the Unknown. I have a brown cover version of the module and the digital version. I could have just created a spreadsheet and stocked the monsters and treasures that way but instead, I decided to copy and rewrite parts that I did not like.

In the process, I created a few images in Blender that are homages to some of the artwork in the brown cover version module.

The Pit Trapped Hall
 
The Room of Pools

I decided to do the write up using Swords & Wizardry which is a really simple ruleset I have always wanted to use. I set the adventurer in the Duchy of Valnwall.  I was part of the Kickstarter for Guidebook to the City of Dolmvay so I wanted to get some use for it. I had thought about using Mystara or the earlier Known World variant or even Greyhawk. But Valnwall actually fits the module really well.

I placed Quasqueton in the hills north of Larm. So I also re-wrote Larm and created a new map for it (below).  I only changed a few things in Larm and changed it to Swords & Wizardry.



The next step will be to figure out one of the online tables (likely RPGNow) and find some players to go through the dungeon.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. What changes did you make to Larm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed the map of course (as I noted). I moved the abandoned temple to a hill outside of town. I changed the mill to horse powered and the cellar of the mill became the foundation of an old abandoned building. I made changes to allow Larm to fit in closer with the Duchy of Valnwall setting. Finally, I rewrote it for Swords & Wizardry. Some other minor changes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete