Monday 21 May 2018

DMG Illustration

I have been quiet so far this month on posting because I have been working on a new site banner. I decided to do a render of an illustration from the appendices of the 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master’s Guide.


It required the building of six new models. Five adventurers and a troll model. The illustrations throughout the appendices depict an adventuring party battling their way through a dungeon fighting kobolds, trolls, what is possibly salamanders and maybe a demon or vampire.


I chose to render the scene where they stumble upon a temple full of trolls.









I expected the troll model to be the most difficult so I did it first. Followed by the dwarf, mage, fighter, halfling thief and elven ranger. I was most pleased with the dwarf and most challenged by the mage as her legs stuck out the sides of her robe.





No comments:

Post a Comment